The Arlington Trolley is managed by the Arlington Entertainment Area Management District (AEAMD). A local government entity created under state law, AEAMD is legally and functionally separate from any other governmental unit. It has its own office and governing body. While it works in cooperation with the City of Arlington, it is not a department or arm of the city government.
The District’s operations are financed by an assessment against the hotel properties within the District that benefit from the trolley services. Guests staying at participating hotels do not pay a fare to ride a trolley.
- Trolley service is provided only to registered guests of participating hotels within the District.
- Trolleys run between District hotels and certain entertainment venues within the I-30 entertainment corridor.
- The trolley does not provide a stop-on-demand transit service outside the scope of its predetermined routes and stops.
- Riders may be asked to present a hotel key on boarding a trolley.
- Our trolleys are wheel-chair accessible.
The current operator of the trolley system for AEAMD is McDonald Transit Associates, Inc. operating as Arlington Transit Management. For contact information see Contact Us.